You can refine which Spaces appear in the main part of the home screen by using the tools to the left of the Selection and Search toolbar. These add elements to a filter expression that determines which Spaces are visible.
Filtering by attribute:
Use the Filter tool to show the Filter dialog, which enables you add elements that filter on attributes:
- Admin—Selects all those Spaces of which you are an administrator
- Member—Selects those Spaces of which you are a member only (that is, not an admin)
- Locked—Selects those Spaces locked by their administrator
See: Locking a Space
- Todos—Selects those Spaces which have tasks waiting for you
See: Tasks and 'to do' items
- New—Selects those Spaces which have been created recently
Select one or more of the attributes to add the element to the filter expression.
Click Clear to clear the attributes and close the dialog. To close the dialog without clearing the attributes, click outside the dialog itself.
Searching by text:
Typing text into the Search tool adds an element that filters on the typed text.
- The filter is not case sensitive, so you can select the CaféX Spaces Welcome Aboard Space by typing welcome.
- The filter searches for Spaces whose names and descriptions (that is, the text visible in their images in the home screen) contain the typed text.
- You can select the CaféX Spaces Welcome Aboard Space by typing for example Welcome, spaces, or come.
- Typing CaféXSpaces does not select it.
- Typing Brochure (the name of one of the widgets contained in it) does not select it.
When a filter expression is active, its elements are shown just below the Selection and Search toolbar:
- You can remove an element from the filter expression by clicking the next to it.
- Spaces are shown and hidden interactively as you edit the filter expression (including as you type into the Search tool).
- To be visible, a Space must be selected by all the elements of the filter expression. For example, selecting Member and Admin selects nothing, since you cannot be simultaneously a member and an admin of the same Space.