To refine which Spaces appear in the main part of the home screen, use the tools to the left of the Select and Filter toolbar. These add elements to a filter expression that determines which Spaces are visible.
Filtering by attribute
Use the Filter tool to display the Filter dialog, which enables you add elements that filter on attributes:
- Admin—Selects all those Spaces of which you are an administrator
- Member—Selects those Spaces of which you are a member only (that is, not an admin)
- Locked—Selects those Spaces locked by their administrator
See: Locking a Space
- Todos—Selects those Spaces that have tasks waiting for you
See: Tasks and 'to do' items
- New—Selects those Spaces that have been created recently
- Owner—Selects the Spaces that you created
Check the box for one or more of the attributes to add the element to the filter expression.
Uncheck the attribute boxes to clear the attributes.
To close the dialog without clearing the attributes, click outside the dialog itself.
Filtering by text
To filter the Spaces displayed by the text in their title or description, enter some text into the Filter tool to add a filter element:
- The filter is not case sensitive, so you can select the CaféX Spaces Welcome Aboard Space by typing welcome.
- The filter displays Spaces whose names and descriptions (that is, the text visible in their images in the home screen) contain the typed text.
- You can select the CaféX Spaces Welcome Aboard Space by typing Welcome, spaces, or come.
- Typing CaféXSpaces does not select it.
- Typing Brochure (the name of one of the widgets contained in it) does not select it.
When a filter expression is active, its elements are displayed below the Select and Filter toolbar:
- To remove an element from the filter expression, clicking the x next to it.
- Spaces are displayed or hidden as you edit the filter expression (including as you type into the Filter tool).
- To be visible, a Space must match all the elements of the filter expression. For example, entering Member and Admin selects nothing, since you cannot be simultaneously a member and an admin of the same Space.
Searching by text
To search for content within your Spaces, use the Search tool.
The Search tool looks for content within your Spaces, not just in the name and description. So, in the following example, searching for 'roman' the tool displays a match for the 'Roman Museum' widget within the 'Cotswolds' Space: