You can use a Phone widget to allow members to connect to a phone number with a single click. The number can be a single phone (perhaps a helpdesk number), or a conference server, or any other service accessed by a single number. In order to use this widget, members must have a suitable dialing application on their own computers.
- Enter the phone number as a dial string by typing in the Tel field
- Numeric keys have their normal meanings
- Enter a 2 second pause by entering a comma (,)
- Enter a wait (the dialing stops until you press the dial button again) by entering a semicolon (;)
- Alternatively, use the keypad keys to build up the number (this may be useful if you have a North American-style alphanumeric phone number to enter).
Use by a Member
Click Call... to dial the number using your default phone application. The application opens in a new page.