The Journal widget gives members a page to which they can post comments. You might use it to allow members to record what they are doing, or for keeping the minutes of a meeting.
You cannot add content to this widget during creation, though you can add comments after creation in the same way as any other member.
Use by a Member
When you select a Journal widget, you see the existing comments (if any):
Type text into the Comment field using a version of Markdown. The version supported by Spaces uses:
- Two asterisks surrounding text to indicate **bold**
- One asterisk surrounding text to indicate *italic* .
- One to four hash signs at the start of a line to indicate a # Header
(1 is the largest, 4 the smallest)
- An asterisk at the start of each line to indicate a list
- A number at the start of each line to indicate a numbered list
- Vertical bars surrounding each cell to indicate tables
For information about less common formatting, click the help icon in the formatting ribbon.
Alternatively, use the controls in the formatting ribbon to insert bold text, italic text, a header, quoted text, lists, links, and images.
Click the Format toggle to show the formatting toolbar.
- Click the Attach button to attach a file to your comment.
- Click the Post button to send the message to the discussion.
Each existing comment has a menu that you can access by clicking the down arrow that appears when you hover over it. From the menu you can:
- Quote the comment in your own comment
- Remove Comment if you made it yourself