A Private Conversation in the Team Space type appears as a standard Discussion widget, to which each member of the conversation can post comments. Unlike the Discussion widget, any member can start a conversation at any time with any other member.
Members will start private conversation whenever they need to discuss something with another member of the Space, and no other member of the Space can usefully contribute. Any user who has been an active member of a Team Space for any length of time will acquire private conversations with those other members of the Space who they work most closely with.
When you select a Private Conversation, you see the existing comments (if any):
Type text into the Comment field using a version of Markdown. The version supported by Spaces uses:
- Two asterisks surrounding text to indicate **bold**
- One asterisk surrounding text to indicate *italic* .
- One to four hash signs at the start of a line to indicate a # Header (1 is the largest, 4 the smallest)
- An asterisk at the start of each line to indicate a list
- A number at the start of each line to indicate a numbered list
- Vertical bars surrounding each cell to indicate tables
For information about less common formatting, click the help icon in the formatting ribbon.
Alternatively, use the controls in the formatting ribbon to insert bold text, italic text, a header, quoted text, lists, links, and images.
Click the Format toggle to show the formatting toolbar.
- Click the Attach button to attach a file to your comment.
- Click the Post button to send the message to the discussion.
Each existing comment has a menu which you can access by clicking the down arrow that appears when you hover over it. From the menu you can:
- Quote the comment in your own comment
- Remove Comment if you made it yourself
In the Action Button Bar, the Private Conversation widget offers:
Get a summary of information about the widget.
Get more details about the participants in the conversation .