A Shared Folder presents a folder to members for them to upload files for other members to access. The files can come from many sources, and need not all be from the same source, but they are presented to members as files in a single folder. When creating the widget, you can include files that members can download and add to.
You might use this widget to enable members to contribute their own edited versions of a single file. You would include the file (perhaps a PDF with comments enabled, or a Word document) initially. Members download the file, add their own comments, and then upload the commented file.
- Repeat for as many files as you want to present.
The uploaded files are listed in the content area below. You can re-order them by dragging their drag handles
Use by a Member
The folder appears to members as a set of files:
To upload a file:
Click Add Item to display the File Upload dialog:
- Choose one of the sources for files from the buttons along the bottom. Files can be from the local disk, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, or a URL.
- If the file is on the local disk, click the Upload a File button and choose a file from the local directory structure, or drag and drop the file onto the content area.
If the file is on Google Drive, Dropbox, or Box, click the Launch ... Chooser button to launch the appropriate file picker for the source.
If the file is available on a URL, type in the URL and click Submit.
- Repeat for as many files as you want to upload. The files to upload appear in the dialog.
- Click OK to upload them to the shared folder. Other members' views of the folder update automatically.
Hovering over an existing file displays the following buttons:
- Click the Download button to download the file.
- Click on the Menu button to display a menu which allows you to:
- Share the file with other named members
- Edit the item
- Delete the item
Note: Not all of these operations are available to all members.