The Scribble widget enables members to contribute freehand drawings to a collaborative slideshow. Members can only contribute to their own slides.
Choose the default color by clicking the Ink Color button and choosing a color from the dialog, or by typing into the Hex Value field.
This chooses the drawing color for members they create a new slide. (Members can always choose a different color.)
- Choose the background of slides by selecting one of the background images at the bottom. (Members cannot change this when they create a slide.)
Upload a new background image by clicking on the Upload Background button to display the File Upload dialog:
Click Upload File and choose a file, or drag and drop a file onto the upload area.
The uploaded image appears as one of the possible background images at the bottom of the work area.
- Select the new background from the possible background images.
All slides created subsequently will have the selected background image.
Note: Administrators can change the background of an existing Scribble widget by editing its properties. This does not affect slides that have already been created, but subsequent slides, created after the widget is saved with the new background, use the new settings.
See: Properties: main
Use by a Member
A member initially sees the background that any slides they create will have:
Click the add button to show the drawing dialog:
- The floating toolbox (initially in the top left corner) allows you to choose one of a number of predefined pen colors
- The color chooser button allows you to choose any color to draw with.
- Entering a hex value in the Color field also changes the drawing color.
- Click OK to create the slide; click Clear or Cancel to exit without creating the slide.
When there is more than one slide, the current slide shows in the work area:
- Click the Delete icon to delete the current slide.
- Use the forward and back controls and or the right and left arrow keys, to move through the slides.
- This slides updates automatically for all members.
- If two members add a slide at the same time, the widget shows both slides, in the order they were received.
- Members cannot re-order or edit slides, once they have been created.