The Discussion widget asks members to discuss a topic selected by the administrator when they create the widget. Unlike a Round Table, participants in a Discussion can make multiple comments, see the comments from other members, and attach files to their comments.
- Type text into the Enter a discussion topic field. This text is presented to the member when they click on the widget, so that they know what the discussion is about.
- If you want members to be notified of the discussion by email, set Enable Email notifications to Members to true
Use by a Member
Type text into the Comment field using a version of Markdown. The version supported by Spaces uses:
- Two asterisks surrounding text to indicate **bold**
- One asterisk surrounding text to indicate *italic* .
- One to four hash signs at the start of a line to indicate a # Header
(1 is the largest, 4 the smallest)
- An asterisk at the start of each line to indicate a list
- A number at the start of each line to indicate a numbered list
- Vertical bars surrounding each cell to indicate tables
For information about less common formatting, click the help icon in the formatting ribbon.
Alternatively, use the controls in the formatting ribbon to insert bold text, italic text, a header, quoted text, lists, links, and images.
Click the Format toggle to show the formatting toolbar.
- Click the Attach button to attach a file to your comment.
- Click the Post button to send the message to the discussion.
Each existing comment has a menu that you can access by clicking the down arrow that appears when you hover over it. From the menu you can:
- Quote the comment in your own comment
- Remove Comment if you made it yourself