A Question widget enables you to solicit feedback from members by asking a question to which each member can respond by selecting a response or responses from a list. You might use this as part of a diversity survey of the users of the Space, to determine how many fell into the different categories; or to get members' opinions of their experience.
- Type a description of what you want feedback on into the Task Description field. This is mandatory.
Type the first response into the empty field under Allowed Responses.
As you type text for the response, another empty field for the next possible response appears underneath.
Repeat the above step for all the possible responses.
Delete any unwanted responses by clicking the Delete button
You can change the order of responses by moving them up and down the list using the drag handles
- Set the Notify admin on response field to true if you want the response to be sent to the administrator whenever a member answers the question.
Set the Allow multiple choice field to true if you want members to be able to select more than one response.
- If true, the choices appear to members as check boxes
- If false, the responses appear as radio buttons.
Note: Once you have created the widget, you cannot change its content by altering any of the values entered during creation. Only the standard widget settings (for example, name, and icon) can be changed.
See: Properties: main
Use by a Member
You see the question and possible responses:
If you can select more than one response, the responses appear as check boxes.
Select the response or responses you want to make
- Click Submit to send your response.